The Folio Tissue Biobank is vast, dynamic, and diversified, allowing us to move your research forward faster. Containing over 7 million U.S. based, clinically annotated paraffin blocks, Folio has created one of the world’s largest commercially available collections of human tissue. Formats include FFPE, frozen, and biofluids and cover all major therapeutic areas including: oncology, inflammatory diseases, neurology, normal, and rare diseases. Our participating archival hospitals are predominantly U.S. based to ensure the highest level of ethical and quality standards. Every case is submitted for a secondary pathology review by our board-certified pathologists and comes with a fully de-identified demographic and pathology report. Our biobank supplies researchers with a convenient and cost effective way to select relevant cases from all major types of cancer and disease.
About the Biospecimen
Cancer: Cellular Type, TNM/Stage, Biomarkers
Diseases: Secondary Scores, Biomarkers
- About the Donor
- Age, Gender, Medical History, Treatment Details
Folio can provide matched tissue sets
Folio knows the power of matched sets and works to make these available either through our banked or prospective capabilities.
- Same Donor, Different Format/Tissue Type
Ex. Same tumor in both FFPE and frozen forms
Ex: Same donor with both a tissue sample and a biofluid
Same Donor, Different Pathology
Ex. Tumor and matching NAT (Normal Adjacent Tissue)
Different Donors, Matching Demographics
Ex: Normal control age-/gender-matched to diseased specimen
Why is Folio the best in biobanking?
Largest Commercial Biobank
- 7 million plus FFPE, U.S. based, clinically annotated biospecimen
- Represents most oncology, autoimmune, and neurological indications
Network of Partners
- Folio’s extensive procurement network expands what is available banked
- Custom collections of tissue, blood, and biofluids
- Specimen from Folio’s Biorepository is available, either as slides or blocks, with custom stains and other histology services from the in-house CLIA lab
- All specimens come from U.S. based clinical settings, ensuring the highest ethical and quality standards
- Folio’s CLIA certified lab is staffed with Board Certified Pathologists to perform stringent QC checks on all of our biospecimens
- All samples include an anonymized data set with demographic information and a full pathology report
- Many cases include outcome/follow-up data covering periods up to 25 years
"Try Before You Buy"
- Economize by requesting sections to screen in your own lab before purchasing only those tissue blocks that meet your specific cytological and molecular criteria